Friday, September 13, 2013

The Rumble

Over the last two weeks, the hubby and I have been sensing a "change" happening about an issue in our life. We have kept communication open between us, but hoping the things we feared were just us being the type A, "first child" people we are. In a nut shell, we were hoping we were wrong.

This particular "thing" has been rolling along with out a hiccup for so long. The problem is that a hiccup would feel like an earthquake if it ever happened. All month we have been telling ourselves that these thoughts were just us over thinking things. Maybe even the enemy planting thoughts....until we felt the rumble this week.

The rumble was our wake up call. The rumble was unsettling to our mind, but comfort at the same time. It was comfort because we knew those thoughts were God given. We knew our options were led by the Holy Spirit.  God is faithful to lead us if we allow Him to.

Leslie from Waiting on a Word wrote this in a recent post,
http://www.waitingonaword.blogspot.com/

"It's in the risk, where we have everything to lose, that God meets us.  It's in our tears, those heaving cries, where He comforts.  It's in the release, where we finally let go of every plan and every detail, that He becomes real."

We have risked this week, and God met us.
We have cried this week, and found comfort in Him.
We have "let go" this week, and He is showing us His plan and how to work out the details

If you have ever questioned if God is real, allow Him to prove it to you.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-11


No comments:

Post a Comment